View Poll Results: Should the server switch to a smaller map size?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, switch to either a 16 or 32 player map size.

27 87.10%
  • No, keep it at a 64 player map size.

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?

1. Registered TeamPlayer visuvius's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197971441318 visuvius's Originid: visuvius

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?

The server has taken a huge it to the population and the trickle back is very slow/non existent. I check the pop periodically throughout the day and see how it struggles to get started.

I, and some others, feel a good response to this change would be to switch to smaller map sizes, either 16, or 32 players layouts. This would A) make playing with fewer people much more manageable and B) it would be a nice change of pace for all of us who are used to huge 64 player layouts. There will be different capture points, boundaries and all new strategies to explore.

SO, do you guys think the server should change to a smaller map size?
    Last edited by visuvius; 11-25-11 at 08:46 PM.
    Likes MeenaSan liked this post

2. Registered TeamPlayer darthxaos's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Re: Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?

Until we start filling the server again, I say yes.

3. Registered TeamPlayer GrandMasterGuess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?

32 player maps new experience same awesome game....tired of playing sub-par games.

4. Registered TeamPlayer donfede692's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: donfede69

I see other servers that have multiple size maps, and sometimes even the same map in different sizes (nunya, atf). It would be nice to have more variety of maps in the rotation, so the appropriate map can be used for the situation/population at hand. The TPG server has only had more than 32 players two times since "Oct 26"

donfede

5. Registered TeamPlayer deathgodusmc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?

With several new games released it may take some time for people to get bored with them. Its time to change things up.

6. Registered TeamPlayer Warflagon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197980266785 Warflagon's Originid: WARFLAGON

I like big maps, and I cannot lie.

If this were implemented, could the map size be changed on the fly to accommodate more players?

I think if we could get people on to prime and get rolling we would pick up speed.

But I'm not sure it would help. I've seen quite a few regs playing on other servers. Could there be some other issue at hand?
    "The bravery of idiots is bravery none the less."
    Staal the Undefeated

7. Registered TeamPlayer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathgodusmc View Post
    With several new games released it may take some time for people to get bored with them. Its time to change things up.
    Are you sure players are getting bored with them or they just don't want to come back?

You got my vote to change things up. 32 size maps and 1 map per round would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Warflagon View Post
    But I'm not sure it would help. I've seen quite a few regs playing on other servers. Could there be some other issue at hand?
    I think the biggest issue is the competitor’s servers are full and this one is empty.
    Last edited by DoubleFISTIN; 11-24-11 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stat Links

Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes? Do you think the server should switch to smaller map sizes?
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hunter57Rules Steam ID: Vexon57 Vexon's Originid: Vexon57

Last edited by Vexon; 11-24-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I'm stupid....and blind

9. Registered TeamPlayer donfede692's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: donfede69

Quote Originally Posted by Warflagon View Post
    I like big maps, and I cannot lie.

If this were implemented, could the map size be changed on the fly to accommodate more players?

I think if we could get people on to prime and get rolling we would pick up speed.

It's not been done/tried since I've been here (I'm a n00b, only here since xmas 2010 -- but I would expect that various map sizes could be used (that's what I've seen on other servers). Start out with smaller maps, and as the server pop grows in the evening, switch up to larger maps.

Seeing how lousy this server community has been doing for the past 4 weeks, it could not hurt to at least try something to help...

donfede
    Last edited by donfede692; 11-24-11 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo fix

10. Registered TeamPlayer Warflagon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197980266785 Warflagon's Originid: WARFLAGON

I think all us people looking at the forums (6 of us) go prime the durn thing and get a game on. I see SuperCarl is already there....
    "The bravery of idiots is bravery none the less."
    Staal the Undefeated

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information