Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planetside 2 Unlock Talk

1. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197995394916 SovietDooM's Originid: SovetDooM1

Planetside 2 Unlock Talk

I've unlocked a few a few upgrades for my light infantry jump jets. They aren't blowing my skirt up. It's all in how much you burn before you release and let it recover.

The C4 is only really affective if you have 2 sticks unlocked. Then you can really rock and roll. I have it for the light inf. Just hover over tanks, MOVE AWAY, and destroy. I found out the C4 as a pretty good Y axis blast.

The semi auto sniper rifle is way worth it for that follow up shot. But it has some kick back so don't fire to fast.

Be sure and unlock the the armor upgrade for each kit and put it in your active slop. Only costs 1 credit.

I've started to fly but you can't do much if you don't have anti air rockets on the small attack ship. Otherwise enemy ships will rip you up.

First unlocked weapon should be the CROW. It replaces the dumb rocket for the Heavy Assualt. Not only will it lock onto a target and track it, but if you fire without a lock it will go in a straight line with ZERO drop. Option and I pissed off an armor column the other night with a sundE and a small squad.

Don't even put your mouse over any of the kit upgrades. Any accidental click may throw away some hard earned credits. I lost 12 to a dam silencer.

Oh, Unlock the spawn point for the Sunderer and apply it. Quick way to pick up 5 xp every time someone spawns on it. If you park that in a good spot, the XP flows in.

What have the rest of you folks come across?
    Dispatch the DooM

2. Registered TeamPlayer Option hunter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Optionhunter Option hunter's Originid: OptionHunter

Re: Planetside 2 Unlock Talk

Laser barrel attachement is a must for your LMG if you do HA. I've noticed a huge increase in Hip Fire accuracy since I've unlocked it, and it comes in handy for those close quarter battles.

3. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

I may have get it, I never do alot of hip fire, but I unlocked a scope so I will need to do some more spray and pray.
    Dispatch the DooM

4. Registered TeamPlayer Glitch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk Planetside 2 Unlock Talk
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: GlitchKs Steam ID: GlitchKs

I saw a decent unlock stratagy to start with for medic on the wiki But can't find anything like it for Engi

Where to spend your first 110 Certification points:

40 Points - Rank 3 in the Medical Applicator line under Medical Tools
    17 Points - Rank 3 in the Nano-Regen Device line under Nano-Healing
    53 Points - Rank 4 in the Nanoweave Armor line under Suit Modifications

What does spending your point this way provide?

• 30% Speed increase to all healing and resurrecting
    • Ressurrected Infantry units come back with 50% life
    • Ressurrected MAX units come back with 12.5% life
    • Increase the base amount your Nano-Regen Device can heal while reducing the cool down on the device
    • Significantly increase the amount of damage your armor can absorb

5. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

I find unless I'm pinned down in the trenches, people ignore attempts to heal. Even when I use Q to call out to them. I chases someone around in a MAX suit last night for 3 minutes, and just said fuck it. I'd rather be in the action picking up 100 xp every 30 seconds.
    Dispatch the DooM

6. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

I think a good plan for an engi is to find big base with alot of shield control units and spawn units to maintain. Stopping the over load or repairing is a good way to pick up XP without getting shot.
    Dispatch the DooM

7. Registered TeamPlayer Blakeman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For engi, make sure you max out your repair gun so that the range and speed is updated. Engi excels as a defense class, with the repairs of turrets, repairs of shield generators, and repairs of vehicles coming back for more ammo. The turret can be set up dang near anywhere and lay down fire on points or defend them to keep the enemy at bay.

Being a driver of a vehicle is a good engi idea too as you can then repair your own vehicle.

8. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

I want to be an engi when I fly but I like having a jet pack with no other means to survive jumping out of a burning Liberator.
    Dispatch the DooM

9. Registered TeamPlayer Option hunter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Optionhunter Option hunter's Originid: OptionHunter

I find shooting things generally helps me gain experience, whether they be people or vehicles. People more then vehicles, at the moment, as the kill reward for vehicles is a little buggy right now.

Unlocking stuff is more difficult for HA. Your NanoWeave armor takes up the same slot as extra Ammo for Rocket Launcher, so you have to decide if you want more rockets then Nanoweave. Generally, I run Nanoweave armor. But the cool thing about HA is that they get three types of over shields you can unlock. Your regular Nanite shield, which is what you start out with. Then there's adrenaline shield, which recharges each kill you get. And then there's the shield that I currently run, which doesn't stop damage, but mitigates it. I use this one because it lasts longer under fire then the Nanite shield, and I've noticed my longevity increase with it on more then any other over shield, so I love it.

I use the EM-1 LMG. It's got double the clip size of default LMG, a high rate of fire that destroys in close range, and a fast reload speed. Downsides is that its recoil is a bitch without the compensator, and the iron sights isn't very clear.

Crow rocks, period. Only things I don't like about it is that the Lockon is buggy, where you'll get Bullet Drop if your target is not moving, making you miss sometimes.
    Likes kawaltd750 liked this post

10. Registered TeamPlayer SovietDooM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

I haven't run into any bullet drop. But dam I just unlocked the extra rocket and the armor...
    Dispatch the DooM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information